The Barn at the Homestead

The Barn at the Homestead

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Always we begin again...

Always we begin again ...

The words above are attributed to St. Benedict.  How we need them.  I am embracing these words these days.  This year hasn't been gentle or kind... but these words remind me that we can begin again.

In January I became quite ill; later I required surgery in April--as did my dear husband. The journey was difficult and frightening.   I retired from active ministry in February--but these first few months of retirement weren't anything like I planned!  As if I could plan!  We have weathered many mishaps since that time--too numerous to write about, but let's say we have a new respect for the Book of Job!

And so, we are beginning again--these eclectic Episcopalians who now live the rhythm of life at Almost Paradise Homestead.  I am the vicar of Joy Fellowship on the homestead--where we walk the labyrinth  and pray; and have an occasional celebration of the Holy Eucharist.  And we're on Facebook.  We don't yet know where God is leading us; but we are grateful for goat milk, eggs, a small garden that keep us grounded as we care for our goats, chickens, dogs, cat and each other!  Each day is a new chance to begin again.  In that light, I am beginning this blog again!
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you this week. Glad you are back on An Eclectic Episcopalian.
    One step at a time, my firend

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that word was friend!

    ReplyDelete